Monday, May 11, 2009

Twisted Circles

Ever notice how you think you've come a long long way only to find you haven't changed much at all?

Kwan Johnson here.  

Irv, I did what you taught me so long ago back on Highway 1. Remember? When you just can't stand it any more: Drive real fast and scream! Scream until you're blue in the face! 

I did that on the I-5 from the Bay Area to LA. I blasted some Alicia Keys and I screamed my lungs out in the car!

Irv, I'm right back where we started, back in the house you and I shared with Uncle Vick. We felt so trapped here, remember...during that hot August of 07? We were scared of what Uncle Vick might do. 

So much has happened since then..except...I'm in control now...not Vick Rorg. He's here with me and I've locked him the basement. I took back my baby, Sy. I've taken control of my life.

Just like you want to with yours!

I'm blow drying my hair after an intense Judo Jazz Aerobic workout with Alyssa Milano on DVD. I bought black vinyl pants. I've changed my whole look. I dyed my hair white. No more boat people haircut for me!

I've got to give Sy his sedative. He's being treated by a baby doctor at UCLA for psychosis. I've never seen a doctor look so frightened but I think I'm doing the right thing.

When Vick hammers on the basement door for me to let him go, the baby laughs and laughs.

I miss you, Irv. Please be careful. Get out of Bakersfield...and write me soon!

Love, 
Kwan

No comments: