Monday, November 5, 2007

I'm Here!

Well, my boy, I'm here, waitin for ya, just like you asked. Your Uncle Vick. Great place you picked for us to meet. Music's so loud how're we gonna talk, huh? We gonna clear the air, huh? Is that your idea? With all these girls dancin' around these big shiny poles and all these men in hats?

My brother is dead. He wanted you to confess to all you've done, and now he's dead, too. Just like your grandparents. I loved those people. They were idiots but I loved them. Your grandmother was a corrections officer and your grandfather was...well, you've probably guessed by now, haven't you?

It's almost midnight so you better show up. I've had 3 beers and a bar poundcake. You know how gnarly a bar poundcake is? Who even knew that bars would sell poundcakes? You just have to ask the right questions in this world.

You know, people are out lookin' for me. I jumped bail. Not like you who got released honest and square. I'm a runaway. But I got a reason and you're it.

You'll be happy to know your little girlfriend, Kwannie, just showed up. She's alone and she hasn't seen me yet. She doesn't look comfortable in here, in all this cigarette smoke and under these red lights. Makes me laugh. She thinks people are gonna vote for someone like her? Showin up at places like this? One of these guys might ask her to do a dance! It's political suicide.

Clock's a tickin...

Uncle Vick

No comments: