Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Last Night

Kwan again --

Is that what love does? Blinds you? I guess that's true, because last night Irv's father got out of the red Prius and pressed a police badge against our motel window. Irv was in bed, and I had come out of the motel bathroom (as you know, that's where I like to blog).

Irv yelled: "Stay down!"

I threw myself to the floor, and let me tell you, motel carpeting is not a pretty place to be.

That's when the door got kicked in and in bursts this guy that looks just like Vick, holding a handgun. Balding. Pudgy. Only Irv's dad has a gray goatee and he's wearing a green silk shirt and black jeans. Dark sunglasses too. And it's NIGHT.

God, I thought. Will Irv look like this guy in 20 years? This family is nuts. You're right, reader Susan. What am I doing?? I want to run for Congress and I'm involved with this messed up stuff? Irv is BI for Chrissake. How am I supposed to compete with another man, if Irv swings the other way?

I got all these realizations sprawled on the motel carpet behind the bed in front of the bathroom.

Irv's dad closed the door behind him.

We've been locked in here together all day today. It was horrible. I don't know whether to believe father or son.

Love. It's a fantasy we decide to have, right?

I can't write anymore now. I want to say more, but I've been given the "evil eye."

Kwan

No comments: