Wednesday, May 6, 2009

7 LOST MONTHS

God-It's May.

Irv here. I'm surprised this blog hasn't been erased or destroyed. What has happened to my life? The economy went south and the only job I could find was at this meth lab...where I now live...out here in Bakersfield, in the farmlands, wait out the hell in nowhere!

Everyone else has a life and a trajectory. I don't even exercise anymore. I smell cigarette smoke from the driveway. I live with a woman named FLAME. She says she got that name when she was cookin' meth in an abandoned elementary school east of here.  EAST of Bakersfield. Is there any more godforsaken location than that?

We work for a teenager. A fourteen year-old boy named Big Bill. He's tiny. He's 14 and he runs this meth lab. He inherited it from his parents who exploded in a meth fire. He pays me well. He thinks he's got super powers. 

How "Thunderdome" is that?

I've save up five thousand bucks.

Where is Kwan? Where is Uncle Vick? and the baby who is seven months old now!

I'm ready to reclaim my life. How did I get so far off course? It's hot as hell tonight. I'm going to take a long walk in the tomato fields under the stars tonight. Alone. And make my plans to GET MY LIFE BACK.

Big Bill doesn't allow us outside after midnight, but I'm going to defy him!

I'm clean. I swear. I care too much about myself to ruin my life. 

But I'll admit I was doin' coke. Just to make the meth cookin' go faster.

President Obama, what can you do to rescue people like me?

And that psycho, Uncle Vick. He's loose somewhere in LA with the disturbing baby.


No comments: