Thursday, May 28, 2009

NOW I'VE GOT A REAL PROBLEM

Hello,
It's Kwan.
I'm fine.
Vick hasn't let the basement. In fact, he likes it down there. I've got my baby.
Here's the problem: The baby won't leave the house.
I want to leave Vick and his horrible tract home with all the shocking history behind. I've got Sy, my baby. 
But when I go to pick up Sy from his bassinet, he screams "Daddy!" He's only seven months old. He crawls to the basement door and sits on the hardwood floor and listens for Vick's voice denying people their health care, and then my baby laughs deep and long. My baby won't leave!
This house is like a HUGE step backward for me. I dyed my hair white. I've got a new baby. I'm ready to move on and start a new life.
But the baby won't leave! Sy stapled his diaper pants to the couch. I didn't know and I said, "Sy, we're leaving right now!" and I practically pulled the entire black leather couch through the front door.  Luckily Sy's diaper pants split in half immediately and he flew out of them into my arms.
I fell backwards, and I didn't let go of Sy, but before I could get out the door, Sy bit my lip as hard as he could until I dropped him on the BarcaLounger.
"Daddy!" my son shouted, and then he laughed that hard, deep laugh.
And his father won't come out of the basement...

Kwan

No comments: